If you need to know how to cancel your Carer’s Allowance you can follow the steps on this page.
Cancel Via Telephone
To cancel via phone call follow the below steps, this is the fastest way of cancelling your Carer’s Allowance.
- To report a change in circumstance (cancel) you need to make sure you have your National Insurance number, details of the person you care for as well as the details of your change in front of you to make cancelling and reporting the change quicker.
- Call the Carer’s Allowance cancellation team on 0800 731 0297
- Explain that you would like to report a change in circumstance that you believe means your allowance should be cancelled.
- Provide them with the information required (National Insurance number, information regarding the person you cared for and the information about that changes in your circumstances)
- You will be informed immediately if the change in circumstances means your carer’s allowance will be cancelled and if so it will be cancelled as soon as these changes happen.
To cancel your Carer’s Allowance online you need to do the following:
Step 1 – Access the Carer’s Allowance Service
To access the Carer’s Allowance Service you can go to GOV.UK and search for ‘Carer’s Allowance’.
Select the second choice which should be ‘Carer’s Allowance: Report changes’.
Read the information on the page then select ‘Start Now’ and you will be taken to the Carer’s Allowance Service.
Step 2 – Follow the option choices
Next, you will need to select which option applies to you and your change in circumstance.
No matter what option you select you will be required to enter your personal information such as Name, DOB and National Insurance number.
You will also need to enter information about the person you care for before you continue.
Then, depending on what option you chose your carer’s allowance should be cancelled, if not you will be told why and how the change will then affect your allowance.