If you would like to know how to quickly cancel an Oyster Card follow the steps below:
Cancel Via Phone Call
The fastest way to cancel an Oyster Card is to call TFL, follow the steps below to cancel your Oyster Card via telephone call:
- Make sure you have your Oyster account information ready as well as your Oyster Card information.
- Call the TFL Oyster Card cancellation number on 0343 222 1234
- Inform the member of staff that you would like to cancel your card.
- If you have less than £10 on the card you will be fully refunded including any deposit made on the card.
- After you have been refunded your Oyster Card will be cancelled.
If you would prefer to cancel your Oyster Card online you can do so by following the below steps:
Step 1 – Go to the TFL website and log in
When you go onto the TFl website you need to click the ‘Top-up Oyster’ button on the lower right side of the page.
It will bring you onto a page and ask you to choose between managing a normal oyster card account or managing a oyster photocard account, select the option that is relevant to you.
Next enter you oyster card account details to log in.
Step 2 – Cancel your card
When you are logged in you should see somewhere on the page either ‘refund for Oyster Card’ or ‘cancel Oyster Card’ follow the instructions on the page and your Oyster Card will be cancelled.