Do you no longer use your Apple Music subscription, or has it become too expensive? Whatever reason you have for cancelling it, this guide will show you what to do. Follow this helpful guide to cancel Apple Music.
Cancel by Telephone
If you are unable to view or edit your subscriptions in your account, or you would rather make sure that Apple Music is definitely cancelled, you can contact Apple customer support. Call 0800 048 0408 and say that you want to cancel Apple Music. The automated answering service can understand full sentences if you speak clearly. Otherwise, you can wait and then press 1 to go through to the technical support team. They will be able to assist you with cancelling your Apple Music subscription. When you cancel, you will still have to pay until the end of your service. You can keep using Apple Music until the end of that month.
If you use Apple Music on your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or devices like this, you can easily cancel subscriptions by yourself. All that you need to do is unlock your device and then follow these steps to cancel Apple Music:
1. Go into Settings, tap on your name or device name, and then iTunes & App Store. Tap on your Apple ID and select “View Apple ID” (you might need to verify it first). After this, you can tap on “Subscriptions.”
2. In the Subscriptions section, tap the subscription you want to manage, which in this case is Apple Music. If you tap on “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom, Apple Music will stop when this billing cycle is finished.
If you want to switch to another subscription plan, you can also do that here. Otherwise, you are free to start up your monthly subscription again at any time and resume paying for your chosen membership.
If you use Apple Music on your computer, whether it is a Mac or PC, it is equally easy to cancel. Start by opening iTunes and making sure that you are logged in with your Apple ID. Then complete these steps:
1. Click on the “Account” tab on the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window. Select “View My Account” from the drop-down menu. You will have to authenticate your Apple ID before you can view the account.
2. Once you are in your account, scroll down to Settings. This is where you can manage alerts and other things as well as subscriptions. Click on “Manage” next to “Subscriptions,” then select the subscription.
3. Click on “Edit” to the right of your Apple Music subscription. Here, you can swap to a different payment option, or cancel altogether by clicking the button at the bottom of the page. This page will also tell you when your next payment is due, which is when your Apple Music subscription will end if you cancel now.
Remember: if you sign up for a free trial of Apple Music, you will need to cancel your subscription before the trial ends to avoid being billed for the following months. You can do this in the same way shown above.
Cancel by Post
Being one of the largest technology companies in the world, it would be a bit behind the times if you had to cancel your streaming service subscriptions by post. It is so much faster and more convenient to be able to do it through your own device instead, so Apple does not offer the option of unsubscribing by post. If you really want to cancel in writing, or contact Apple about a problem with your Apple Music subscription, go through the steps after clicking this link and you can choose to send them an e-mail or start a live chat. If you forget to cancel before the end of your free trial, you can try requesting a refund when you do cancel it.