Are you looking to cancel your Avast subscription? The Avast subscription will automatically renew itself if you choose not to cancel it. So if you would like to avoid having to pay then you will need to follow our detailed guide below on how you cancel the subscription service.
Cancel by Telephone
If you would like to cancel our Avast subscription service by phone follow the steps below.
- Have your order number ready when you phone the number for Avast subscriptions.
- Press one to go through to the refunds and license questions department.
- Explain that you would like to cancel your Avast subscription, and the team member will be able to help you.
To cancel your Avast subscription you can use your Avast Account, if you already have one set up. If you don’t have an account set up, then read on below to find out what to do.
If you have an Avast Account, the complete the following steps to cancelling your subscription.
- Log into your account at my.avast.com with your account details.
- Once you have logged into the account, click on Your Licenses.
- Find the relevant subscription you wish to cancel, and click the Cancel Auto-Renewal which should be located right next to it.
- To confirm that you want your subscription terminated click the Deactivate Auto-Renewal Subscription. This will mean that when your current subscription ends you won’t pay anything further.
- After the change has been made to your account and it has updated you will no longer be able to see the option Cancel Auto-renewal next to the subscription which you have just cancelled.
If you don’t have an Avast Account, you can still cancel your subscription online by using the Avast customer portal.
Follow the steps below to cancel your Avast subscription using the customer portal.
- Using your internet browser, access the Avast customer portal which can be located at the following address: avast.com/find-order
- You will need to provide some details, your order ID and password, which can be located in your Avast subscription confirmation email and other places. Then click the button Find Order.
- Once you have accessed your details click on Order Details page. Next to the Avast product that you wish to cancel there will be a button to press, Manage Subscription.
- You will then go through to the Subscription Details page. Here you can change the settings and next to Automatic Renewals you will want to ensure that it is Off if you no longer wish to pay for your Avast subscription.
- After this you will be further prompted and click on Disable Automatic Renewal to confirm that you are cancelling your subscription, terminating it do you don’t pay anything further when your current subscription ends.
- Once the change to your account has been processed, you will receive an email to confirming your cancellation.
Cancel on MAC
To cancel your Avast subscription through your MAC you will need to follow the steps below.
- Open up your iTunes and make sure that you are signed into the correct account with your Apple ID.
- When you’re signed into the right account, click on the icon Account which can be located near the top of your computer screen.
- Click the View My Account button. You will be prompted to type in your password, once you have click View Account.
- Once you’ve accessed your Account Information, scroll down to the Settings sub-header.
- Next to subscriptions you’ll find a button labelled Manage, click this.
- Find your Avast subscription in the list, and click Edit which will be next to it. You’ll then have the option to cancel your subscription, which you should click.
- Cancel on Android
To cancel your Avast subscription on your Android device, complete the following steps below.
- Find and open your Google Play Store which can be found on all Android devices.
- On the left-hand corner of the screen you’ll notice the menu icon, click this and choose Account from the list.
- Once you’ve accessed your Account Click Subscriptions.
- Find your Avast subscription that you wish to cancel and click the tab Cancel.
- You’ll be then prompted to confirm the cancellation, which you should do if you wish to cancel your Avast subscription.
Cancel on iPhone and iPad
If you want to cancel the Avast subscription on your iPhone and iPad then follow the instructions for doing so below.
- Open your settings for the device, which can typically be located on the homepage of your device.
- Choose the button iTunes and App Store.
- Make sure that the correct Apple ID is used on your device and click on it at the top of the screen.
- You can then choose to View Apple ID.
- There is an option for Subscriptions which you should click onto, then find and click onto the relevant Avast subscription you wish to cancel.
- Then you can turn off the Automatic Renewal of the Avast subscription, which means you will cancel it and no further payment will be taken.