If you are looking to cancel your Capital One Credit Card and need some help doing so, you can follow our thorough guide below on how you can do it.
Cancel by Telephone
It is possible to cancel your Capital One Credit Card over the phone, in fact they prefer you to do it this way, so they have a chance to keep you as the customer.
When you phone to cancel your credit card, follow these steps:
- Before you ring it’s important that you set out with the intention of cancelling your credit card, as they’re likely to offer perks to keep you as a customer
- Ring the number 0843 557 3552
- Explain that you would like to cancel your credit card. It’s likely that they’ll offer things like a lower APR, but be firm that cancelling is what you’d like to do.
- Through their end, they’ll then cancel the card, and explain what will happen next.
- They will likely send out a letter to confirm your cancellation.
Sign into your Capital One account with your username and password.
When you’ve signed in, choose the option More Account Services. There will then be instructions to follow under Close Account.
It’s important to note that you need to continue to make the Minimum Monthly Payment until the balance on the account reaches zero. Until this time you will continue to receive statements from Capital One.
Cancel by post
If you would like to cancel your credit card through the post you can do this by writing a letter to Capital One. You will need to include information about yourself, such as your name and your account number, also explain that you would like to cancel and sign the letter. Send it to:
Capital One Card Services
P.O. Box 5283