If you need to cancel your Housing Benefit you can find out how to do so on this page.
Cancel by Telephone
If you would like to cancel via a phone call follow the below steps:
- You need to have your housing benefit details in front of you as well as any personal information that might be relevant.
- You need to call the housing benefit team on 0843 596 4103.
- Once you are on the phone to the housing benefit team you need to report a change of circumstances.
- The team member will inquire about the circumstances and inform them of the reason you believe you need to cancel your housing benefit.
- They will tell you whether this will affect your housing benefit and if it does, your housing benefit will be cancelled for you.
Cancel Via Post
If you would prefer to cancel via post you need to write a letter containing information about your housing benefit as well as the changes in your circumstances that have led you to believe that your housing benefit should be cancelled. You will need to provide your full name, home address and any other relevant personal information. Your letter needs to be sent to your local council who will deal with your housing benefit, they will assess your circumstances and send you a return letter stating the outcome.