If you would like to know how to quickly cancel your vehicle SORN you will find everything you need to know on this page.
Cancel Via Phone Call
To cancel your vehicle SORN by telephone call just follow the below steps:
- Make sure you have all the relevant information in front of you, for example, any recent letters about your SORN, your V11 reminder and your vehicle log book.
- Next, you need to call the DVLA SORN cancellation team on 0844 453 0118.
- Inform team member that you would like to cancel your SORN and tax your vehicle.
- You will need to provide your vehicle information and any information you have about your SORN as well as personal information.
- They will assist you in taxing your vehicle and once your vehicle is taxed the SORN will automatically be cancelled.
To cancel your SORN online you need to do the following:
Step 1 – Go to the GOV.UK website
Firstly, you need to go to the GOV website and search for ‘SORN’ or ‘vehicle tax’.
Next, you need to select ‘Tax your vehicle’.
Step 2 – Read the instructions
Read through the information on the ‘Tax your vehicle’ page.
Once you have read through the page you need to click ‘start now’
Step 3 – Tax your vehicle
You will be redirected to the vehicle tax service website
To tax your vehicle you need to complete all of the questions that the page asks you. Once your vehicle is taxed your SORN will automatically be cancelled.
If your SORN will also automatically be cancelled if you sell the vehicle, the vehicle is permanently exported or it has been scrapped.