Looking to cancel your Tesco Car Insurance? Then follow our simple step-by-step guide on how you can do this quickly and easily below.
Cancel by phone
You can cancel your Tesco Car Insurance over the phone quickly, follow the steps below to do so.
- Ring the number 0843 557 3621.
- When you ring the number you will be asked to either press one if you already have a car insurance policy in place or press two for a new car policy. Press one.
- Once you’ve pressed one, you will be then told of further options. Press one for renewals, press two for payment queries, press three for questions or changes, press four for the claims team.
- Press four to go through to advisors who can speak to you about making changes to your policy, in this case, you will be cancelling your policy.
- You might wait have to wait a while to be connected to an advisor if they are busy, but when you are, just explain that you wish to cancel your Tesco Car Insurance.
- The advisor will ask the reason why you are cancelling and then begin the process to do this for you.
To cancel your Tesco Car Insurance online, you will have to visit the Tesco Bank login page.
Log in with your username and password.
When you have logged in, you can select your insurance policy and follow the steps on the page to cancel your car insurance.
Cancelling your policy within 14 days
It is possible to cancel your policy quickly and easily within 14 days of having put it in place. The best way to do this is by ringing the number above. You will need to return the policy papers back to Tesco so that the cancellation can go through. There will be a refund on any money that has been paid if you cancel within the first 14 days.
Cancelling your policy after 14 days
You can still cancel your policy after 14 days of having it in place, but you will be subject to a £40 processing charge for doing this. You have to give seven days notice of cancelling too. Depending on the date that you cancel, you might be entitled to a partial refund, but you will not get any money back if there have been claims made on the policy, and for the time of coverage of the policy as well.
Cancel by post
You can cancel your Tesco Car Insurance policy by post. When you write to Tesco Bank you will have to provide details of your policy and your name. Write the letter to:
Freepost RSJB-RZZY-HTJB, Tesco Bank Customer Service, P.O. Box 276, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 2BT