If you want to know how to cancel your Universal Credit claim quickly just follow the steps on this page below.
Cancel Via Phone Call
If you would like to cancel your claim in the quickest possible way you should call the universal credit team, just follow the below steps:
- Make sure you know all of your relevant information regarding your universal credit claim (write it down if you know you won’t remember it)
- Call the Universal Credit number on 0843 178 4317
- Once you have called the number and gotten through to a member of the help team inform them that you need to report a change in circumstances
- You may be told you need to go to an appointment to confirm the change in circumstances if you do not have time to do this just inform them of your circumstances and tell them that you no longer need to claim UC and want to cancel your claim
- Your claim should be cancelled shortly after the phone call
To cancel your Universal Credit claim online follow these steps:
Step 1 – Go to the GOV.UK website and sign into your UC account
Once you have got onto the GOV.UK website you need to search for Universal Credit sign in. After you have found the page to sign into your account you need to enter your details. It will ask you for your Username and Password. If you have forgotten your log in details call the number in the above steps.
Step 2 – Go onto your Online Journal
After you have logged in, find your online journal and go onto that page. You can add notes to your journal as well as to-do lists and check when your next payments will be.
Step 3 – Report a change in circumstances
If you know the change in your circumstances means you no longer can claim Universal Credit or you just want to cancel you need to report a change in circumstance which you can do in your Online Journal. Once you have done this your Universal Credit should be cancelled shortly.